Azden Battery-Powered Shotgun Microphone with XLR Output
Tried, tested and true; Azden’s SGM-1X has been in production since the mid 1990s and has long established itself as reliable, affordable and durable shotgun microphone by filmmakers, videographers and broadcasters alike. Well known in the industry, the SGM-1X is often the first microphone purchased by aspiring filmmakers, who in turn love it so much they continue to use it and recommend it throughout their careers.
The SGM-1X’s popularity is due in part no doubt to its affordability, but it is also a high quality shotgun microphone. Its super-cardioid polar pattern makes it exceedingly good at picking up speech in noisy environments. Its battery operation allows for use without phantom power, which may not be available on less expensive camera equipment. And with up to 1,000 hours of operation on one AAA battery, you won’t have to worry about carrying a ton of spare batteries around to get through a long shoot.
Proudly handcrafted in Japan, the SGM-1X’s construction is durable and designed to last for many years. Buy with confidence with Azden’s 2 Year Warranty.
- Mic Element: Electret Codnenser
- Frequency Response: 80-18,000Hz
- Sensitivity: -41dB re 1V/Pa
- Directional Pattern: Supercardioid
- Impedance: 130 Ohms @ 1Khz
- Max. SPL Input Level: 120dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 70dB
- Dynamic Range: 80dB
- Battery Type: AAA (1.5V) – use Alkaline battery
- Battery Current: 0.2mA
- Battery Life: 1000 Hours w/ Alkaline Battery
- Weight w/o Battery: 135g (4.76 oz)
- Dimensions: Ø 21mm X 312mm (0.83″ X 12.30″)
- Output Type: 3-Pin XLR type