Softron M|44i (8 Channels – 4 In and 4 out, Dongle Included)
- Record up to four and playback four channels (up to 60p) on one Mac.
- High-density capture and playout device
- 8 channels (4 HD inputs and 4 HD outputs) all-in-one box solution for your Mac (with PCIe slots)
- 4K compatible (Quad-link or single-link)
- Audio LTC input
- No transfer time needed (files are readily available)
- Ideal for Live productions requiring multiple camera ingest and playout channels
- A large number of codecs supported: Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD, XDCAM,‚Ä¶
- Support for MXF
- Multiple codecs & destinations
The M|44i is a hardware & software bundle tailor made for Macs with PCIe slots such as the latest 2019 Mac Pro, or in your own Thunderbolt expansion chassis. Simply plug in the M|62i PCIe card into one of the PCIe slots of your Mac and immediately start ingesting and playing out eight HD channels (4 in and 4 out), or two 4K Channels at a cost significantly less than other multichannel solutions.
With the¬†M|44i, you can enjoy all the¬†amazing features of MovieRecorder¬†and the ones of¬†OnTheAir Video Express¬†in a certified hardware and software bundle. We have gathered what we think are the highest quality hardware components in order to ensure the best experience possible.
Recording is done using the included four licenses of MovieRecorder. Video clips captured using MovieRecorder can be edited during the actual ingest, making it very handy for live sports editing for example. Additionally you can schedule your recordings.
Playback is done using the included four licenses of OnTheAir Video Express (upgrade possible to OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Node). You can create playlists, mix and match codecs. The licenses are provided on a dongle, so it‚Äôs easy to move your M|44i from one computer to another.
The M|44i is compatible with 4K. You can use either Quad-link or Single link (12G) to ingest and playout 4K at up to 60 frames per second. When using 4K, you can ingest and playout only two channels (even in 12G). You can decide if you want to record 2 channels, playout 2 channels or do one of each. Additionally, if you have another video device, you could be using the remaining licenses with another video source (on the same Mac).
The M|44i uses the state of the art DELTA-12G-elp-h 2c video card, which hosts eight independent channels that can be used either as inputs or as outputs. Two of these channels supports line rates up to 12G SDI while the others go up to 3G-SDI, allowing the solution supporting formats from SD to UHD. The 9th connector can be used either as a reference signal for playout or as an Audio LTC input for recording.
Supported formats and codecs
Check the list of supported codecs on our website on the MovieRecorder and OnTheAir Video Express pages. Note that depending on the Mac that you use, the format and codec, limitations may apply.
Number of simultaneous inputs and outputs supported?
With the¬†M|44i, depending on the Mac that you are using, the codec and format, you should be able to record and playout up to:
- 4x HD inputs + 4x HD Outputs
- 4x HD inputs + 1x 4K Output
- 1x 4K input + 4x HD Outputs
- 1x 4K input + 1x 4K Output
- 2x 4K inputs
- 2x 4K outputs
- 4x HD + 1x 4K Outputs
- 4x HD + 1x 4K Inputs
The 4K connection can be done using either quad-link or single-link.
- 4x licenses of MovieRecorder (ingest)
- 4x licenses of OnTheAir Video Express (playout)
- 1x Dongle with the software licenses above (no changes or splits)
- 1x Video card with 8x configurable in/out + 1x Ref input (or Audio LTC) on Micro BNC connectors (DELTA-12G-elp-h 2c)
- 1x Low Profile Bracket (so you can place the Video card in a low-profile PCIe slot, as in the Sonnet Echo Express SEL)
- 9x BNC Female to Micro BNC (HD-BNC) Cable – 1′